Monday, June 2, 2008

Do unto others blah blah blah.

Hodge, a reader and frequent commenter [thanks on both counts] pointed out in response to my last post, basically, that ignoring people ain't cool.

And dense as I tend to be sometimes, I know that he is right and that I am being a bit [a lot?] of a bitch. If the tables were turned, I'd be really annoyed with Producer for just blowing me off [my general rule is after three or four dates, an explanation is owed if you stop talking to someone].

On one hand, I don't really know what to say. Sure, I could say "Hey Producer, you are awesome. But I am back in rehab/too busy/have stomach flu/back with my old boyfriend, etc." but all of that would be lies. And more so, I think he'd know that all of that would be lies. Not to suggest that if he didn't know they were lies, it would be better. Just seems even more useless to tell a lie when everyone knows you are lying. Anyhoo.

On the other hand, I could write "Hey Producer, I don't like you that much because you are not funny and kind of a bad kisser. So sorry, I don't want to hang out again." But that would be mean.

What is a girl to do?

Anyhow, you are right Hodge. I will try to be a better person next time around. I don't need any bad dating karma, that's for sure.

Also, to answer someone else's question, Producer does not know of this blog. I wouldn't be talking shit about his comedic/make out prowess if he did. I am not THAT mean.

1 comment:

The Hodge said...

I get a spot on the blog, I feel honored.

But yes, the direct response is the best in my book. I don't really like telling someone that I'd rather not see them again but it gets the job done with minimal ambiguity to the final situation. You can curb some of the reasons for not wanting to see them again as to not hurt their feelings, but it needs to be strong enough so they don't feel encouraged to try to win you over again.

Having both ignored and been ignored before I found it to be a subpar way to end any possible romantic connections.