Thursday, May 15, 2008

Bad things.

I do not like the following::

1:: The phrase "it is what it is." Yes, it is. But, must we really have a saying stating as such? And must people use it with such frequency and self satisfaction? Next time someone tells me something is what it is, I am going to say:: "Potatoes will always be potatoes." Because, they will, you know? Just like it is what it is. And I am who I am. And I arrived when I arrived. And I ate what I ate. And then I left when I did.

2:: Securities Exchance Commission. I do not like you.

3:: That my New Roommate's ringtone on her phone is a song. And further that the song is one by Akon. And further yet that the song contains the lyric "hundred dollar bills ya'll." And I don't mean in jest.

4:: Text messages as a means of substantive conversation. I can hang with text messages for simple communication, drunked flirtation, sober flirtation, and "just wanted to say hi" kind of nonsense. But, please. Please. Please. Please. Do not try to convey important things to me via text.

5:: People who pretend (mostly boys in my case) that they do not know you when they CLEARLY do. This just happened to me a few days ago. There is a certain guy whose parents are friends with my family. I have known him for about a million years and see him at least three times a year. We aren't friends per se, but we are friendly. And he totally asked me out once. I see the guy at a family get together this past weekend, and he literally said "Hi, nice to meet you." This makes him either (a) exceedinly stupid, or (b) exceedingly pathetic. Either way, I don't like it.

6:: Running out of popcorn. One should never, ever run out of popcorn.

7:: Sunday, 8:53 p:: I have done extensive studies, and it is proven that 8:53 p is the WORST. TIME. EVER. It is at this time that you realize the weekend is over and Monday is looming. Sunday, 8:53 p is the inverse of Friday 6:00 p.

No comments: