Sunday, January 27, 2008

Ode to my Dog. Love you Maxi-pants!

A short while ago, I was enveloped with a feeling of sadness.

I was fuming over the fate of my friendship with the Evil Troll. I was feeling sorry for myself for being involved in an untenable living situation. I was getting nervous about how much money this whole debacle is going to cost and how I am going to deal with it. I was anxious over the fact that my MCLE compliance is due in like 5 minutes and I don't know where a single of my pesky certifictes are. Basically, I was wallowing in my life.

And then two things happened. First, Aimee Man's song "wise up" rotated onto my ipod and into my ears. And then my adorable love bug of a dog came over and plopped down on my lap.

1. Aimee is right. I need to wise up. Evil Troll is an Evil Troll and will continue to be so. I just have to accept that and stop letting it bother me. The reality about the roommate situation, both the old one and finding a new one, is that I can't make it work out. I just have to do the best I can, try to be the best person I can be (being a good person is really hard right now, because I am really really really mad), and hope for the best. And not worry so much about it. Worst case, I lose a few thoudand dollars and learn an invaluable lesson (I am not sure what the lesson is, except maybe don't live with Evil Trolls). Instead of worrying about the MCLE certs, all I needed to do was find the pesky suckers - which I did (kind of - found some and did the rest online).

2. I can't be *that* mad at the world when I am reminded of my sweet, lovely, innocent, beautiful dog.

So anyhow, I am still mad. But I feel much better.

No comments: