Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The last few days have been a frenzy.

The last few days, beginning as of last Friday, have been a whirlwind. There have been moments of bliss proceeded by serious lows proceeded by joy and then sadness again. As I sit on my couch right now, I feel incredibly lucky, a little sad, tired as hell, stressed about the day that awaits me tomorrow at the office and like I want to burst into tears for no real reason.

Rather then get into the nitty gritty, I will present you with the highlights:

High Points

:: New Years Eve Party (Whohoo!) was a blast. I reconnected with some friends I have not seen in a while, I realized how awesome other friends are and that I should be hanging out with them more and just had a lovely time overall. And best of all - a Certain Someone was kind enough to help me with the clean up this morning. And let me tell you, there was a LOT to clean up. It seems that not a single person threw a single item in the trash the entirety of the party.

:: Dinner with a Certain Someone at a lovely place called Lou, which looks like a crack den from the outside (true story). The experience, however, was a thin slice of heaven. The Lentil Stew I ate still makes my mouth water. The "pig candy"? Simply brilliant. A bottomless supply of glorious wines with fun to say names. Great company. And best of all - within walking distance.

Low Points

:: Roomie told me that she is moving out of our place. Which for me, basically means Craigslist City. As in, I have to find a stranger to live with which totally freaks me out. It also means a further blow to a friendship that is already teetering on the brink of oblivion (I like to be dramatic sometimes).

:: Right now. I feel a strange sadness at this moment. Maybe because it's the day after a lot of fun, and I know tomorrow I have to return to the grind of life and work. Work mostly - as I have so much of it to do (in fact, I am supposed to be doing it right now, but clearly am not). Also, I seem to have hit the first bump in the road with a Certain Someone. I think everything is okay, but it still scares me a little that maybe they aren't. And also, I have to deal with the Low Point mentioned above. Ugh.

Summary

I expect things may be a little rough the next few days and I am doing my best to try to prepare myself for what may come. Still, I am very optimistic for what the next year will bring. I am determined to stay focused on the great many wonderful things in my life and not get bogged down in the rest of the madness.

Question

I have been told that the color choices I have made of late with respect to this here blog are hideous. Do people agree?


1 comment:

The Hodge said...

The colors are fine. It's easy to read.