Sunday, December 16, 2007

One of my top five days.

If anyone should ever ask me about the highlights of 2007 (not that I am frequently - or perhaps ever - asked such question) I would, without hesitation, site today as one of best days of the year. For starters, it was a lovely, sunny and astonishingly clear day in Los Angeles. I had the pleasure of waking up at my parents home beside my absurdly cute dog, having gone there last night for some loving comfort after a tumultuous Saturday. I left my parents house early to head home and prepare for my hosting duties for the afternoon adopt a family charity bonanza I had been planning. I drove from my parents house on the west side to my own place in Hollywood in 12 minutes flat. On a typical day, I can't even get from my house to the nearest gas station in so short a time. Best of all, my favoritest song of all time, Jeff Buckley's "Lover, you should have come over" was playing on the radio during the ride. Sure, I have the actual CD in my car [which, by the way, is one of my top five albums] but there is something extra special about hearing a song on the radio sometimes. After arriving home, I was Captain Efficiency and got the place together with time to spare. When the guests started arriving, it was sheer, unadulterated, mimosa aided joy. Five hours of do-gooding and chatting with a glorious group of people about hilarious things. Like for example, the male tendency to pee on things when drunk. Fellas, can you please explain, because us ladies are perplexed. I laughed so much, it re-ignighted my whooping cough, which had briefly abated.

Today was one of those days that reminded me how awesome life, mine in particular, is. To all the people who made my today so gloriously lovely, each of whom is nearly sure to never read this, I am so grateful. And thank you!!!

Included for your viewing pleasure is a small sample of the gift giving/wrapping action that took place today. Hooray for bows and pretty sparkle paper!!!

No comments: